Friday, March 25, 2005

Easter Basket fun...burp!


I made Easter baskets for the daughters who live locally and delivered them to them and their families. (For non-local daughter I sent $ for her to buy for the family.) For Lucinda and her husband I included wine, fresh fruit, nuts, candy, and bookmarks. For dddragon, et al, I gave fruit, candy, nuts, bookmarks. The candy was peeps, chocolate eggs (with either peanut butter or coconut creme fillings), etc. I actually can't remember it all.

Lucinda was going to get jelly beans as well. But the bag came open on the way out to her house. Okay, ...so I ripped it open with my teeth. Then I had to eat every one of those little buggers, 'cause I couldn't stick a partly eaten bag of candy in a pretty basket, now could I? No, of course not. So I had to cover up my sin and eat all those suckers. Since the daughters' father and I had just been out to eat, and I had an entire live Maine lobster, I'm pretty stuffed. Actually, the lobster I ate was not live when I ate it. But it was alive when we walked in and saw it in the lobster tank. I feel so guilty. About the jelly beans I mean. The lobster looked pretty vicious.

But at least no one knows that I ate all that candy. Nope. No one will ever know about the jelly bean caper. It's my secret for life. I might tell about the coconut creme chocolate egg and one measly little peep that I ate, but no, on second thought, why? People don't need to know everythingPosted by Hello

4 comments:

dddragon said...

LOL -- I won't tell anyone that the chocolate-covered peep was quite good! There are so many things in the basket, I'm sure it won't be missed.

Lila said...

Ick, I don't like Peeps. Poor lobster... everything with an exoskeleton (from shell fish to insects) looks vicious, no?

Lila said...

Let's see: Exxon... Xerox... Um... drawing a blank... Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

TLP said...

Well, as Niks and I listened to Shortz, we thought of Exxon, Xerox, Xanax (medicine) and then later I thought maybe I remember that Microsoft had a product called Xenix? A variant of Unix? Not sure.