Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm SO not a harpy



I'm not here on accounta I'm over doin' Doug's site for him. Ya see, Doug had this great idea for a blog. He takes a word that Ambrose Bierce defined in the Devil's Dictionary, and he posts that word giving Ambrose's definition, and then Doug makes up his own definition and gives us that as an update for that word.

Easy as pie, right? Just a few little lines. After that, folks drop in and out all day and offer up a definition of their own, or a pun, or just a wise crack, or something like that. Some people are actually witty with their definitions. Folks like me just write some smart a$$ somethin' or other.

Then Doug comes back in and offers encouragement or discouragement on whatever someone has said about his word of the day.

Now, you'd think that this Doug boy could handle that little task, right? Heck, no! He's so lazy that he suckers some guest into doing his blog each and every Wednesday. I am not sh*ttin' you folks!

On Saturday he just makes up wild tales, and he doesn't do Sundays, so that means that Doug just has to write a few lines 4 days a week. That Doug! He oughta be an executive. 'Course maybe he is. Him and his little dog too.

The only reason I'm over there doing this for him is that he was such a harpy about it. He and my daughter dddragon. They nagged me into it. At first I thought maybe the choice of words that he gave me for today was meant to imply that I, myself, am a harpy. But, nah, not me. No one would ever think of me that way.

Wait! What are you still doin' here? I told you I'm not home! That's almost like breakin' and enterin'. You could get in trouble for that. Would I lie??? Run along home now. Or over to Doug's. Whatever.

18 comments:

Doug The Una said...

That was easy wasn't it DDDragon?

Lila said...

I'm glad those shrews finally got you to be the Wednesday guest, TLP.

Sar said...

I'm taping a sticky note to your door for when you get back home that says...

BRAVO, TLP!

Saur♥Kraut said...

I'm putting up my feet and hunting around of the cheetos. I know you'll be back.

Minka said...

No, you are not harpy at all !*giggle* Those gentle, loving words and sweet-nothings you just wrote make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside :) That Doug!

Jamie Dawn said...

I just came here after visiting Doug's.
Hooray!!!! You finally did it.
Now, for the letdown. You've had your big Ambrose moment in the spotlight, and now you have to go back to having a normal life again.
You, a harpy? Say it isn't so!

lime said...

sneakin into the place like goldilocks....dman , no porridge, hard chairs and a mushy bed.......sigh

Tammy said...

I still read the whole post even though you kept trying to shoo me away. Now I'm coming over to Doug's to bug you. Ha!

dddragon said...

well, it only took, like, FOREVER to talk you into it.

Well, okay, maybe five or six months.

I'm just sayin' ...

Miz BoheMia said...

YAY TLP! Fab guest spot! Bohemians love fab-ness, LOVE IT I SAY!

Mikki Marshall said...

Okay, I'm on my way. The least you could've done was supplied public transportation!

Doug The Una said...

Still Life, the site's accessible.

Alana said...

Hahaha! You funny! Doug told me I would like your blog and he was right! And lately I have been questioning his work ethic as well...

Libby said...

i love this house, TLP! but...i can't find the twizzler bits! what kinda life an you live without those?? hmmph! see if i EVER do this again!

Fred said...

We're glad they nagged you, TLP. It was worth the wait.

Peter said...

Now that's superstar blogging Lucy, tell 'em you're not home, tell 'em to leave and still get 19 comments, we bow to the queen!!!

Anonymous said...

tee hee
Doug, that slacker!
great definition, and I am only hear cuz someone mentioned cheetos.

Mikki Marshall said...

Ah Doug, A man that will supply me with a ramp...that's my type of guy!