Friday, June 05, 2009

'Tis the season


Graduations are being held everywhere these days. Tomorrow our twin granddaughters will graduate from the same high school that our four children did. Unbelievable. They were just born yesterday. In September they will go off to the same University.

Our step granddaughter Deva will graduate tomorrow from Bennington College in Vermont.

We are very, very lucky. These girls are three bright and good people.

Congratulations to all graduates. It may feel like an end, but it's a beginning. But then, every end is a beginning of something.

8 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

That's wonderful. Congratulations to them all. What is scary is that I got a letter inviting to our 45th year anniversary grad reunion. But that was just yesterday!
After I graduated I got my draft notice to go to Vietnam, but they rejected me because of a bad heart and our doctors said I would die within two years if I didn't have open heart surgery, but I didn't. So I guess I've been dead almost 45 years and didn't know it.

kenju said...

Congrats to one and all. Our oldest is only 15, so we have a few years yet.

Doug The Una said...

Yes, absolutely, congratulations to the band geeks and the Irish-speaker.

Libby said...

congratulations to all!!

Fred said...

Congrats to everyone. My second graduated, and I have one more to go. Then, in a few years, the college graduations will begin.

Nessa said...

I was amazed by how quickly the time flew when my daughter reached HS graduation. Congratulations to you all. Life is a circle.

Pat said...

You must have been doing something right:)

Unknown said...

That's awesome on all the graduations. Hard work pays off. And hey, Bennington College was the model for the college used in Donna Tartt's The Secret History, on of my FAVORITE novels! :)